Thursday, April 10, 2008

Morning thoughts...

Before I just didn't get it. I never grew up with crosses on the walls of my home. I'm not sure why. I just never understood.
(At the cross you beckon me
Draw me gently to my knees
And I am lost for words
So lost in love
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered)
I never understood how beautiful they can truly be. A cross is a reminder. A reminder of that it should be me up there. I'm a sinner and the wages of sin is death. But instead of me a man gave his own life for mine. The greatest act of love of all time.
(To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just)
The cross is empty. It showes that he is gone off the cross, that he has risen. He was victorious. Now my debt has been paid and I can truly live for the one who gave his life for mine. It is finished. Complete. Now I also am complete.
(What a priceless gift
Undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You called me out of death
You called me into life
I was under your wrath
through the cross I'm reconciled)


"We shared his death in our baptism. When we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and shared his death. So, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the wonderful power of the Father, we also can live a new life." - Paul to the believers in Rome.

Lately I am completely in awe of what God has done for me. It is humbling to think that really it's my life that has been spared. I am here carrying my first child because Christ gave his life for mine all those years ago. And he is here with me, in me. I am not ashamed of the cross. I am not ashamed of my savior. The cross has been changed. It was a shameful way to die. Now it's a reminder of the victory Christ (and now we) have over death. And Christ died for my unborn child, my little Grady. I can't find the words in my heart to express my gratitude or my love.

2 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

Perfect follow up to the last post LOL.
I really liked it and feel the same way

Roger Garrett said...

I tagged you on my site, I would like to know your answers, go check it out