Friday, March 28, 2008

The bathroom on the third floor...

No one really goes to the women's bathroom on the third floor. It's up two flights of stairs and there are no women who actually work on the third floor. (There are three guys and that's about it.) So if someone goes up there just to go potty it's usually because of ONE reason that has to do with the number TWO. Yes. I can't normally do a "ronna" at work, but if I have to I grab my accountability partner (bless her heart) and drag her up to the third floor. Her job is to stand guard at the door and NOT listen. So I have a problem. I don't want people to think that my poo smells. Everyone has it, everyone knows this but I just can't bear the thought of someone knowing that mine doesn't smell like roses?! Crazy, right? :)

So when thinking of a metaphor for my life this is what I came up with. I'm such a people pleaser that I don't want anyone to know the stinky parts of me. I care WAY too much about what people think. To the point that if someone is on the third floor I will wait and hold it. And it hurts. It actually causes me pain and I won't do anything about it until I get home. When am I going to not care so much about what people think? Or maybe I should ask the question: when am I going to care MORE about what God thinks about me and LESS of what I think of myself? He knows my poop stinks. He knows all about it. He knows where I hurt, He knows where I stumble, He knows what breaks my heart and what makes it soar. There are no secrets from Him. Yet I try to hide, I hold back like maybe He'll like me more if He doesn't know. I should just give in and stop trying to hide and start trying to live more for Him and less from Him.

Does that even make sense?

4 comments:

Marcy McC said...

You know what? I love you... poop and all.

Anonymous said...

Something I never think about :) Probably 'cause I can't smell (no, nothing, never).

God knows you better than anyone and he loves and accepts you like noone else! You're amazing Jess!

Anonymous said...

Do a cough and a toe tap and everyone will leave....I hate going to the bathroom if someone else is in there dropping a duece. So doing that then you'll have complete privacy!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.